Finalised Shooting Times
09:30am - 10:25am Indoors
12:30pm - 1:00pm Indoors
1:00pm - 2:00pm Outside
10:00am - 11:00am Indoors
1:00pm - 1:50pm Outside
Where to meet
Trees , concrete slabs and walkway.
Map location - https://what3words.com/galaxy.settle.veal
Keep an eye on my Instagram story for any location changes.
I will aim to shoot mostly near the concreate slabs near the barriers, it can get very busy so I may need to relocate somewhere in the orange area.
Cosplay Meetup Zone & Cosplay Village/ Selfie Zones
Keep an eye on my stories for any location changes.
How to make the most of your shoot
Before the shoot day
Some characters have iconic poses, such as Superman's power pose with the hands on hips, Attack on Titan's salute by heart or Genshin Impact's Elemental Burst attacks.
Find pictures of you character you like, save them to your phone to show me on the day or send me them through Instagram chat, we can use that as inspiration for the shoot. You can also save photos of other characters if you like their pose, or that particular angle.
I can give guidance on posing , so practicing beforehand isn't required, However, if you do practice, it will improve the shots and give us more time to take other photos.
Add a reminder to your calendar or alarm, and give yourself at least 20 minutes to get to the location.
This is super useful for meeting people.
It is similar to Google Maps but every 3m x 3m location has a unique name made of 3 words. This can be sent to friends via chat, sms or reading the words over the phone.
With What 3 Words, the coordinates still work offline even when the map isn't loading. You can also save locations in advance.
Often at events, the mobile 4g/5g signal is overwhelmed, meaning Google Maps, messaging and WhatsApp stop working. Often SMS continues to work even if 4g/5g is not.
During the shoot
It's just a bunch of photos, try not to get too stressed or take it too seriously!
I taken more than 100,000 photos at cosplay events, plenty of cosplayers get nervous and it's totally normal, you are not alone!
Arrive with plenty of time
- - Plan 20 mins to navigate outside to the location
- - Plan 10 mins to make final adjustments to the costume, hair and makeup.
- - Arrive at least 15 mins before the end of the shooting slot, there may be a small queue and I can't shoot beyond the end time.
- - If you can't see me, walk around the shooting area to find me, or DM me on Instagram
Speak your mind, especially if you don't like something.
Whilst I do try my best to read minds (body language), I don't have superpowers.
Please tell me
- - If you're uncomfortable, in pain, unable to hold a pose or wish to stop for any reason whatsoever
- - If you're conscious about certain body parts, and tell me if the photos need reshot
- - If you want certain body parts or features to look bigger, smaller or hidden
- - If you want to look more masculine or feminine in your posing
- - If you think my posing suggestions are incorrect
- - If you like a specific photo I took and want more like that
Remove or hide bags, lanyards and items from the pockets such as your phone, it will help improve the photo.
If it is raining, I may transfer to indoors.
Keep an eye on my Instagram stories, or DM me if in doubt.
After the Shoot
Message me after the shoot with the following information
- - Approximate shooting time
- - Your cosplay character's name, and the show/game/source title
- - Anyone else's social tags
I message everyone shortly after the shoot and provide a URL to where the photos will be available. If you don't receive the URL, please DM me on Instagram @hovermediacosplay or send an email on my contact page.
If you visit the URL, you can pre register and get an email the moment the photos go live.
My target release date is Sunday 11th February
If you need the photos earlier for a legitimate reason (such a marketing new material on release date), send me an Instagram DM or email to discuss further.
You are welcome to use the photos
- - On any of your personal social media profiles
- - On personally own devices such as smartphones and laptops
- - On a personal website or blog
- - On personal cosplay related business cards
- - On posters and prints for personal usage
- - This also applies to any person in the photos, provided the platforms and accounts are non commercial in nature
They cannot be used for the following, without explicit permission from the photographer and appropriate usage licence.
- - As part of a paid marketing or advertising campaign
- - To generate paid or sponsored content
- - To sell as prints or any other physical or virtual merchandise
- - By any commercial 3rd party or business
- - Tagging 3rd parties in your social posts is ok. 3rd parties reposting your social posts without modification is also ok.
- - 3rd parties require explicit permission from the photographer to use the images for their own content. If you spot any 3rd party using the photos, please message me directly.
- - By any person or entity for any commercial purpose
Mroe details are avaialble in the Usage Release Form
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on commercial usage.
The best way to credit me is tell your friends about me, if they are attending a con, arranging a photoshoot or looking for photographers, put my name forward and let them know what your experience was like.
I don't watermark the images. Let's face it, watermarks are usually either an unwelcome distraction from the photo or too small to be effective.
Please credit me by tagging me in social posts, preferably in the image if possible.
For Instagram specifically:
- I accept collaborations, they boost the image more than a normal tag would
- Tagging me in the image means it appears in my tagged images grid, which is great for other cosplayers who review my work
- Tagging me in the post is also fine, although it is least effective method in terms of increasing exposure
You are welcome to edit the photos, however
- - It must not detract from the quality of the original image
- - It must not be manipulated to convey a message that is political or controversial
- - It must not be manipulated to convey a stereotype that is considered offensive to any minority or group
- - It must not negatively impact the reputation of the photographer
- - The photographer remains the sole copyright owner of the original image and can require any edited image to be destroyed.
In practice this usually means no changes are required, but in some circumstances I may request
- - I'm not tagged in the photo
- - A disclaimer that the image was edited afterwards by yourself
- - A minor change to the edit such as removing a watermark or brand
- - The photo is removed from a online platform
If in doubt, feel free to message me beforehand before publishing an edited image.
Additional edits are possible, depending on the nature of the edit, it may be chargeable. DM me on Instagram or email me for details.
Examples of additional edits
- - Corrections to skin tone (there is no charge for this in most cases, please get in touch if my initial edit does not accurately reflect your natural skin tone)
- - Background replacement
- - Tailored colour grading
- - Advanced skin/hair retouching
- - Removal of creases, dirt, stains etc
- - Composite/blended images
- - Object removal / replacement
Send me a message to request deletion.
This is normally not an issue but depends on a per case basis.
Stefan / @HoverMediaCosplay
I'm a cosplay photographer that takes photoshoots throughout the UK and attends conventions.