Where to meet
Option 1: Gallery
What 3 Words Location
From Hall 3, head up to the Skywalk and along the travelators.
At the other side, head behind the escalators and directly into the Gallery on the left hand side.
The Gallery is an open area above the the atrium walkway outside Halls 6, 7 & 8.
Note - if Option 1 isn't available, I'll update my Instagram Story, please be familiar with Option 2 below as well.
Option 2: Meet outside the Newsagent
What 3 Words Location
This will be if the Gallery isn't available, or if you want to specifically shoot outside. Please let me know in advance if this is the case.
How to make the most of your shoot
Before the shoot day
Find pictures of you character you like, save them to your phone to show me on the day or send me them through Instagram chat, we can use that as inspiration for the shoot. You can also save photos of other characters if you like their pose, or that particular angle.
I can give guidance on posing, so practicing beforehand isn't required, However, if you do practice, it will improve the shots and give us more time to take other photos.
Add a reminder to your calendar or alarm, and give yourself 20 minutes to get to the location.
This is optional, but super useful for meeting people.
It is similar to Google Maps but every 3m x 3m location has a unique name made of 3 words. This can be sent to friends via chat, sms or reading the words over the phone.
With What 3 Words, the coordinates still work offline even when the map isn't loading. You can also save locations in advance.
Often at events, the mobile 4g/5g signal is overwhelmed, meaning Google Maps, messaging and WhatsApp stop working. Often SMS continues to work even if 4g/5g is not.
During the shoot
The shoot will last 25 minutes, with 5 minutes to return to the orignal meeting location.
You're welcome to pick more than 1 location, but be aware of the time available.
Walking time between the Gallery and the Lake is approx 15 mintues, it isn't feasible to shoot at both in the 25 minute window unfortunately.
It's just a bunch of photos, try not to get too stressed or take it too seriously.
I've took more than 100,000 photos of other cosplayers, plenty of them were nervous and it's totally normal, you are not alone!
Arrive with plenty of time
- - Unless otherwise specified, shoots are in 25 min slots, with 5 minutes at the end to return to the meeting point.
- - Arrive early and where possible, prepare hair, make up and costume changes in advance, this will help maximise our time shooting
Remove or hide bags, lanyards and items from the pockets such as your phone, it will help improve the photo.
Speak your mind, especially if you don't like something.
Please tell me
- - If you're uncomfortable, in pain, unable to hold a pose or wish to stop for any reason whatsoever
- - If you're conscious about certain body parts
- - If you want certain body parts to look bigger, smaller or hidden. I will change the shooting angles to accommodate this.
- - If you want to look more masculine or feminine in your posing
- - If you think my posing suggestions are incorrect
- - If you like a specific photo I took and want more simialr photos like that
If it is raining, I will seek alternative areas we can shoot indoors,
If you wish, you can choose to cancel the shoot, or continue the shoot outdoors (if feasible).
After the Shoot
Message me after the shoot with the following information
- - Approximate shooting time
- - Your cosplay character's name, and the show/game/source title
- - Anyone else's social tags
I'll provide a URL to a private gallery where the photos will be available. If you don't receive the URL, please get in touch.
If you visit the URL, you can pre register and get an email the moment the photos go live.
My target release date is 31st December.
If you need the photos earlier for a legitimate reason (such a marketing new material on release date), send me an Instagram DM or email to discuss further.
Additional edits are possible, depending on the nature of the edit, it may be chargeable. DM me on Instagram or email me for details.
Examples of additional edits
- - Corrections to skin tone (there is no charge for this in most cases, please get in touch if my initial edit does not accurately reflect your natural skin tone)
- - Background replacement
- - Tailored colour grading
- - Advanced skin/hair retouching
- - Removal of creases, dirt, stains etc
- - Composite/blended images
- - Object removal / replacement
The best way to credit me is tell your friends about me, if they are arranging a photoshoot, events or looking for photographers, put my name forward and let them know what your experience was like.
I don't watermark the images. Let's face it, watermarks are usually either an unwelcome distraction from the photo or too small to be effective.
Tagging is always appreciated, preferably in the image if possible.
For Instagram specifically:
- I accept collaborations, they boost the image more than a normal tag would
- Tagging me in the image means it appears in my tagged images grid, which is great for others who review my work
- Tagging me in the post is also fine, although it is least effective method in terms of increasing exposure
You can use the photos
- - On any of your personal social media profiles
- - On personally own devices such as smartphones and laptops
- - On a personal website or blog
- - On your own cosplay business cards
- - This also applies to any person in the photos, provided the platforms and accounts are non commercial in nature
Do not use for the following, without explicit permission from the photographer and appropriate usage licence.
- - As part of a paid marketing or advertising campaign
- - By any commercial entity
- - Tagging 3rd parties in your social posts is ok. 3rd parties reposting your social posts without modification is also ok.
- - 3rd parties require explicit permission from the photographer to use the images for their own content. If you spot any 3rd party using the photos, please message me directly.
- - By any person for commercial purposes
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on requesting commercial usage.
Stefan / @HoverMediaCosplay
I'm a cosplay photographer that conducts photoshoots throughout the UK and attends events.